CHHATRAPATI SHAHU VIDYALAYA
English Medium Co-educational School
CBSE Affiliation No. 1130396
Address: - New Palace Area, Kolhapur - 416003.
Office Tel. Nos. - 2664184, 8669630988
APRIL 2022- MARCH 2023
1st to 10th
BOARD OF ACADEMIC COUNSELLORS
Shri Dr. SHAHU CHHATRAPATI
Dr. L. RADHAKRISHNAN, Ex-Head of the Maths Dept., Shivaji University
Dr. Y. S. THORAT, (Ex-Chairman, NABARD)
Capt. SHIVAJI MAHADKAR (Retd.)
Sou. RAJSHREE PATIL
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
Though an English medium school, due importance is given to Hindi and Marathi languages also. We impart activity-oriented education with stress on situational teaching and practical training. We have adopted a system, which gives more importance to the learning process than to the teaching process.
Our aim is not only to maintain high academic standards but also to promote excellence in sports, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Development of soft skills is also our priority.
Another of our important aim is to deepen the awareness of Indian heritage and culture in the students. We are also keen on imparting value education, so that our students grow up into sensitive and responsible citizens, with an enlightened sense of social justice and equality.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SCHOOL
1. We follow CBSE’s NCERT curriculum.
2. CBSE Board Exam: - An average result of 99.46% since 2015.
3. Audio Visual Computer Aided teaching sessions.
4. The ‘Smart class concept’ of using E-learning is being implemented for classes 5th to 10th.
5. The school has access to the ‘E-library’ consisting of 20 computers containing approximately 1,70,000 E-books which are available to students of all classes. The books have animation and can be downloaded to carry home.
6. Class visits, class picnics, competitions, sports-day & work-experience.
7. Guidance for the following: - Elementary & Intermediate Drawing Exams, Maths Exam, English Exam, GK. Exam, Science Olympiad Exam (Stds. 2 to 10), Classical Dance & Singing Exam, MTSE, NTSE, Dr. Homi Bhaba young scientist Exam (Stds. 6and 9), Geeta Mata Sanskrit Exam, Green Olympiad Science Foundation Exam, AISMTA exam (Stds. 2 to 9).
8. a) Std. 1 to 7
Hindi and Marathi are compulsory as the Second and Third languages respectively.
b) Std. 8
Hindi remains compulsory as the Second language and for the Third language there is option between
Marathi and Sanskrit.
c) Stds. 9 and 10
There is an option for the Second language between Hindi, Marathi and Sanskrit.
1. The school encourages students to participate in different games and sports.
2. It has special facilities for coaching and participation in Football, Basketball, Cricket, Gymnastics, Athletics, Taekwondo, Yoga etc.
3. International representation in Lawn Tennis.
4. National representation in Swimming, Lawn tennis and Rifle shooting.
1. Classical Singing, Classical Dancing (Kathak & Bharat Natyam), Instrumental Music Classes, Debating, Drama etc.
2. School band, School orchestra, School choir etc.
3. T.C.F. Tara Commando Force - (a NCC pattern activity for girls) combined with trekking, mountaineering skills & adventure activities in the Himalayas and Sanhyadris - visits to various army units and institutions – participation in Republic Day activities.
4. Scouts & Guides for Stds. 6 to 8.
5. NCC AIR WING for Stds. 8 and 9.
6. Summer Camps with a number of activities.
7. Hobbies: - Computers, Bird watching, Science Club, Photography, Gardening etc.
Donations are NOT taken by the school for admitting students.
Admissions are open to children as per the age guidelines given below: -
DATE OF BIRTH
For admission to Stds. 2 to 10, contact the school office.
4. The fees may be increased if and when necessary.
Fees may be paid by any of the following methods: -
1. Swiping your credit/debit card in the school Office.
2. Depositing cash/cheque in Central Bank of India, Laxmipuri Branch A/c No. 1715673332 of Shahaji Chhatrapati Museum Trust.
3. NEFT/IMPS in Central Bank of India, Laxmipuri Branch A/c No. 1715673332 of Shahaji Chhatrapati Museum Trust. IFSC Code: -CBIN0280645.
4. NEFT/IMPS in HDFC Bank, Konda Ole A/c No. 12742320000458 of Shahaji Chhatrapati Museum Trust. IFSC Code: - HDFC0001274
The fees include curricular and co-curricular activities.
The fees do not include uniforms, meals, annual gathering personal expenses & school bus service.
However, Bus service is also available on separate payment. Contact the school office for the same.
BOOKS & NOTEBOOKS
Books & notebooks will be given free of cost by the class teachers on dates which will be conveyed to you soon.
The school timings are from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday for Stds. 1 to 10.
The school timing on Saturday is from 9 am to 12 noon for Stds. 9 & 10.
Summer timings may differ from the above.
Timings for 9th & 10th Stds. will differ as & when required.
OPENING DAY TIMINGS
Stds. 1 to 10 will open on Friday, The 1st of April 2022 at 9am.
The school campus is under CCTV surveillance.
All the above may be modified if and when necessary.
Ms. Jayanti Indulkar Mrs. Pooja Chopra. Mrs. Rajshree Patil.
VICE-PRINCIPAL PRINCIPAL DIRECTOR
8669630984 8669630983 8669630981
Time and Date of Modification – 04.24 PM 15.03.2022