SHAHAJI CHHATRAPATI MUSEUM TRUST’S
CHHATRAPATI SHAHU VIDYALAYA
English Medium Co-educational School
CBSE Affiliation No. 1130396
New Palace Area, Kolhapur - 416003.
Tel. Nos. - 2664184, 8669630988, 8669630984
Nursery, Jr. K.G. & Sr. K.G.
2019 – 2020
BOARD OF ACADEMIC COUNSELLORS
Shri Dr.SHAHU CHHATRAPATI Maharaj
Sou. RAJSHREE PATIL
Dr. G. M. PAWAR, Ex-Head of the Marathi Dept, Shivaji University
Fr. Thomas SALVE, Ex-Principal, St. Xavier's High School
Dr. L. RADHAKRISHNAN, Ex-Head of the Maths Dept., Shivaji University
Shri Y. S. THORAT, (Ex Chairman, NABARD)
Capt. SHIVAJI MAHADKAR (Retd.)
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
Chhatrapati Shahu Vidyalaya is a Co-educational school. Due importance is given to Hindi and Marathi languages also. We impart activity-oriented education with stress on situational teaching and practical training. We have adopted a system, which gives more importance to the learning process than to the teaching process.
Our aim is not only to maintain high academic standards but also to promote excellence in sports, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Another of our important aim is to deepen the awareness of Indian heritage and culture in the students. We are also keen on imparting value education, so that our students grow up into sensitive and responsible citizens, with an enlightened sense of social justice and equality.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRE PRIMARY SCHOOL
· The ultra modern building of the Pre-primary section is housed in a picturesque area, which has a lot of greenery, a waterfall, a pond and a bridge. Plenty of wild life thrives here. The area is totally safe and protected. It provides the children with an ideal environment which brings them closer to nature.
• Donations are not taken by the School for admitting students.
• Admissions are open to the Nursery for children who are 3 years & above on 1st June 2019.
• Admissions are open to Jr. K.G. for children who are 4 years & above on 1st June, 2019.
• Admissions are open to the Sr. K.G. for children who are 5 years & above on 1st June, 2019.
• The duly filled admission form should be submitted along with the original Birth Certificate.
Parents are requested to bring their child between 9am and 11am on any working daytobegin the admission procedure.
After admission is granted the first installment should be paid immediately by swiping your credit/debit card (visa/master) in the School Office.
You may deposit the first installment in the Central Bank of India, Laxmipuri Branch A/c No. 1715673332 of Shahaji Chhatrapati Museum Trust.
The installments of the fees are as follows
Fee due dates
Nur- Jr. & Sr. KG
At the time of admission
· The fees include SMS service, School diary, Carnival entrance fees, Ganesh utsav contribution, class photo, class visits, picnic, worksheets & canteen visit.
· The fees do not include meals & annual
gathering personal expenses.
· The school will provide a set of books and notebooks free of cost.
· The school will provide free bus services
· A uniform kit will be provided free of cost to Nursery, Jr. K. G. & Sr. K. G. Only.
· The fees may be increased if and when necessary.
· The Nursery, Jr. K.G. will open on Saturday the 1st of June 2019 at 9am.
· The Sr. K.G. will open on Saturday the 1st of June 2019 at 11am.
· Books & notebooks will be given by the class teachers from 3rd of June 2019.
· Uniform kit will be given by the class teachers on 8th of June 2019.
· The School will work on 5 days a week pattern.
· Extra-curricular, co-curricular and curricular activities will be carried out throughout the year.
· The regular School timings are 9am to 12pm for Nursery.
· The regular School timings are 9am to 12pm for Jr. K.G.
· The regular School timings are 12.30pm to 3.30pm for Sr. K.G.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOL
· Audio Visual Computer Aided teaching sessions.
· The primary school has digital classroom facilities equipped with screens, projectors and CD’s on all subjects.
· The school has access to the ‘E-library’ consisting of 20 computers containing approximately 1,70,000 E-books which are available to students of all classes. The books have animation also.
· A variety of toys & educational material is provided to the children to develop their mental & motor skills.
· Class visits, Class picnic, Competitions, Sports Day, Work-experience.
· Guidance for -- Elementary & Intermediate Drawing Exam -- Maths & Science Olympiad Exam Std 2 to 10 -- Classical Dance Exam.-- Classical Singing Exam.
· Guidance for -- MTSE -- NTSE -- Dr. Homi Bhaba young scientist Exam for std. 6and 9. -- Geeta Mata Sanskrit Exam. -- Green Olympiad -- Science Foundation Exam. -- AISMTA exam for stds. 2 to 9.
· The school encourages students to participate in different games and sports.
It has special facilities for coaching and participation in Athletics, Gymnastics, Cricket, Football, Basketball etc.
· Classical Singing -- Classical Dancing (Kathak & Bharat Natyam)
--Instrumental Classes – Debating.
· T.C.F. Tara Commando Force – (a NCC pattern activity for girls) combined with trekking , mountaineering skills & adventure activities in the Himalayas and Sanhyadris -- visits to various army units and institutions – participation in Republic Days activities.
· Scouts & Guides for standards 6 to 8
· Computers -- Bird watching -- Science Club -- Summer Camps – School band, School orchestra, School choir etc.
· NCC Naval wing for boys of Std. 8 and 9.
Mrs. Rajshree Patil.
Date:- 23.03.19 DIRECTOR